Call for applications
Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of History of Science Cambridge, MA
Position Description: The Department of History of Science seeks to appoint a tenure-track Assistant Professor or tenure-track Associate Professor in the History of the Modern Life Sciences, broadly construed. The position involves undergraduate and graduate teaching, as well as advising graduate students at M.A. and Ph.D. levels. The appointment is expected to begin on 1 July 2023.
Keywords: faculty, tenure-track, history, biology, biomedicine, race, ethnicity, life science, Boston, Cambridge, Massachusetts, MA, Northeast, New England
Basic Qualifications: Doctorate in History of Science, History, Science Studies, or related disciplines required by the time the appointment begins.
Additional Qualifications: Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching and advising is desirable.
Special Instructions: Please submit the following materials through the ARIeS portal (https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/11515). Applications must be submitted no later than 1 October 2022.
1. Cover letter.
2. Curriculum Vitae.
3. Teaching/advising statement (describing teaching philosophy and practices, draft syllabi may be included).
4. Research statement (describing the dissertation and provisional plans for the next project).
5. Statement describing efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging, including past, current, and anticipated future contributions in these areas.
6. Names and contact information of 3 referees. The committee will ask for letters on behalf of long-listed candidates.
7. Writing sample or copies of publications.
Harvard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact Information: Yaz Alfata, Search Committee, Department of History of Science, Harvard University, Science Center 371, 1 Oxford Street, Cambridge MA 02138.