Call for applications
University of Huddersfield - School of Music, Humanities & Media
Salary: £26,004 to £31,948
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Contract / Temporary
Placed on: 9th May 2016
Closes: 6th June 2016
Job Ref: R2392
★ View Employer Profile
Fixed term appointment for 6 months, 1.0 FTE
Three full time Research Assistants are required for the project European Healthcare before Welfare States under the direction of Professor Barry Doyle. You will work within the Centre for Health Histories (CHH) to undertake secondary and primary research into the provision of healthcare in one of Poland, Czechoslovakia or Hungary between the wars. The Research Assistants will focus on the following priorities:
- Undertake a desk based literature review of current work in English and other languages in the field of interwar healthcare in one of Poland, Hungary or Czechoslovakia 1900-1940.
- Undertake up to two months field work in archives and libraries in one of Poland, Hungary or Czech Republic/Slovakia.
- Support the development of an international network around the theme of European Healthcare before Welfare States.
- Along with the project Principal Investigator, develop partnerships with non-academic partners.
- Work with the Principal Investigator and other Research Assistants to mount an international workshop in December 2016.
- Produce a report of fieldwork and present findings to a workshop.
- Contribute to a collective article with the Principal Investigator and other Research Assistants on sources and methods for the study of healthcare in the region between the wars.
With a good Honours degree and an MA in modern health or social history of Central Europe, you will also have fluency in one or (more) of Polish, Czech, Slovakian or Magyar.
For informal discussions please contact the Principal Investigator, Professor Barry Doyle 01484 471625: Email email@example.com
For further details about this post and to make an application, visit http://hud.ac/b5z
Closing date: 06 June 2016
Interview date: 30 June 2016
Working for Equal Opportunities.
Innovative University. Inspiring Employer